Issuing organizations may opt to offer a Talent Directory of its earners so that your unique skills stand out for professional opportunities. The directory enables recruiters, hiring managers, and others to connect with you about opportunities based on the specific skills and digital credentials you’ve earned.
Here’s how to make sure you’re included in the directory:
- Go to https://www.credly.com/users/sign_in and sign into your account.
- Under Account Settings, go to Privacy + Security
- Enable "allow my profile to be included in searchable directories"
- On your Badges page, make sure digital badges from participating issuers are set to public.
Credly also has the ability to “Send a Message”. Enabling this feature allows recruiters, hiring managers, and others to connect with you about opportunities directly through your profile.
To turn this feature on:
- Under account settings, go to Privacy + Security
- Enable "allow users to contact me using my public profile"
- Once enabled you’ll see “Send a Message” next to your profile image when viewing your Profile.
What happens when I am sent a message?
- When anyone selects "Send a Message" from your profile, a message window will open.
- The sender is required to enter a subject line and a message up to 1000 characters.
- When sent, the message is delivered to the email address you have set as your primary email within your account. You will receive an email from Credly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the message. You can respond directly to this email to continue the conversation.
Please note: Credly does not display your email address during this process. However, when you respond to the message from your email, it will be visible to the sender of the original message.
How can I opt out?
If you’d prefer to not be listed in these issuer Talent directories or would like to disable the "Send a Message" feature:
- Go to Privacy + Security under your account settings
- Disable “allow my profile to be included in searchable directories”
- Disable “allow users to contact me using my public profile"